Coronavirus: WHO calls for not to give up
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has called for the countries not to give up across the world and to take action to prevent the spread of coronavirus. He made the call at an online briefing on Monday, reports Reuters.
“More than six months into the pandemic, this is not the time for any country to take its foot off the pedal,” said the Director-General. He added that the epidemic situation in the world is deteriorating and has not yet reached its peak in Central America.
WHO’s top emergency expert, Dr. Mike Ryan, said coronavirus infections are on the rise in Central American countries. I think this is the time for the biggest concern. We need to focus now on what we are doing today to prevent second peaks.
According to the international survey agency Worldometer, around 407,000 people have died and 7.1 million have been infected worldwide so far.