Dhaka, Bangladesh || Monday, 3 October 2022 || 17 Ashshin 1429
JnU student Akbar's murder case: mystery unsolved even after a year
Asadul Islam, JnU Correspondent
Published : Friday, 9 September, 2022 at 8:00 PM, Count : 170

JnU student Akbar's murder case: mystery unsolved even after a year
A year has passed since Jagannath University student Akbar Hossain Khan was murdered. Still, the mystery of the murder case remains unsolved. Therefore, the students at the university formed a human chain to demand a speedy investigation to identify the murderer.

On Friday, Akbar's family and classmates formed the human chain program in front of Bhasha Shaheed Rafiq Bhaban of the university.

Akbar's elder sister, Laboni Khanam, said: "On August 27, last year, my brother was killed by being thrown from a flyover in Chittagong. The administration is unable to determine who committed the murder."

She said that when Akbar was rescued and taken to the hospital, a deep wound was seen on the left side of his waist. Akbar was thrown from the flyover and suffered major head injuries. Akbar died in the early morning of September 1 after fighting for life and death at the Chittagong Medical College hospital for five consecutive days.

 She also said that based on the doctor's statement and evidence collected by the Chittagong Khulshi police station, the police confirmed that it was a premeditated murder. However, even after a year of the incident, the criminals are out of touch. As the police could not collect any satisfactory information for a long time, the investigation was handed over to Chittagong PBI. But tge PBI is still unable to make any progress.

Meanwhile, there is anger among his classmates and the students at the university, as the mystery of Akbar Hossain's murder has not been revealed yet. They claim that if the mystery of the tragic death of such a meritorious student at the university is not revealed, it will be a bad example for the people of the country. There is no alternative to unraveling the mystery and bringing those involved under the law.

According to sources, Akbar left his mess in old Dhaka on August 27 last year. Akbar was last contacted at 8:37 pm on the same day. At 8:53 pm, locals rescued Akbar from the bottom of a flyover at the GOS junction in Chittagong with serious injuries. Witnesses said that at that time, his brain was mostly bruised.

« PreviousNext »

Editor: Dr. Kazi Ertaza Hassan
All right reserved
South Western Media Group

© Daily Peoples Time

News & Commercial Office:
93, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kawran Bazar, Dhaka-1215
Phone: 88-02-41010087, 41010086, Fax: 88-02-41010085, Advertising: 88-02-41010084
E-mail: news@dailypeoplestime.com